Hi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

labn

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, this is my 20 gallons tank
7 neon tetras
5 lemon tetras
4 kuhli loachs
10 red cherry shrimp
10 red ramshorn snails
as soon as the shrimp get bigger i will add my my female betta.
what do you think? i am not overstocked am i?​

i don't know if you care or not but if they haven't already your snails and shrimp are most likely going to start breeding like crazy to a point where you may need to remove quite a few.

I think the loachs will help with the snails and the rest of the guys will also help with the shrimp specially the betta, if its not enough I can probably trade some for some frozen blood worms, what do you think of the set up?

I know im planning on replacing it with black sand, that would probably help and the kuhlis would really appreciate it

Looks very nice, can't really comment on if its overstocked or not but it looks really neat.

nolimit06 said:
Looks very nice, can't really comment on if its overstocked or not but it looks really neat.

Thanks

The one inch per gallon is not the length it is the total mass of the fish. So each neon is more like 2.3" get a better filter, I run 2X emperor 400s on a 55g and I am over stocked

I have the tetra filter that you see in the picture and a marineland pinguin 200 with bio wheel, in addition I check the water quality every week, and perform a 50% to 60% water change every week, you think thats enough or should I get another filter? I was thinking on adding a sponge filter

Back
Top Bottom