Hiding place ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vicksta

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a approx. 10" Pleco that is no longer fitting comfortably in his stylish greenery ladened log.
I know he is not happy just sitting on the bottom so I purchased a 4" diamater sewer pipe.

It is not yet in the tank, any suggestions for beautifying his new home?

Or any suggestions on anything else I can use?

Thanks

I'm not sure what type of substrate you use, but I have pool filter sand in mine and just made large rock caves (to stop my Gouramis from fighting). My pleco made his own home out of it by digging out a cave under the rocks.

I currently have the standard "bag 'o' gravel" in there. I am a little worried about stacking rocks to create a cave.
He always dashes for hiding when I turn the light on and I hate for him to get crushed if the cave was not stable enough to withstand bumping.

You can silicone the rocks together...it'll make it more stable for you

Actually, It was a moment later after posting the thread I too had the awesome idea of siliconing them together.

This would definatly set me at ease.

Not to mention, the rocks would look so much better than the grey pvc pipe.

Finally got some pictures

I browsed my local hardware store and found some slate tile in the flooring for $1.50 a piece. Used some kitchen safe silicone and some inventive items to prop it up while it dried.

He does not seem to like it as much as the old home. Think I may have to trim some height off it so he can fit a little more snug.

Thanks for the ideas!

Attachments

• Fish2 032.jpg
    Fish2 032.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Fish2 030.jpg
    Fish2 030.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 84
Back
Top Bottom