High Protein

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr.waffles1842

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Are there any high protein unlive foods? i need some because my fish seem slow and they dont have any interest in my current food.

What kind of fish and what are you currently feeding them?

We will not count your female betta because you just got her.

a platy and some julii corys. im currently feeding them flakes, crisps, blanched veggies, sinking pellets, and something called Kwik. I got it homemade from a family run store, i think its dried parsely andother veggies. i alternate every day.

Platies do best with a quality flake food and freezedried bloodworms. Corys do best with a quality flake food, bloodworms, frozen shrimp/plankton, algae wafers and shrimp pellets (your platies will eat the frozen stuff, too.

I've never heard of "kwik" food. Nothing on google either. I'd probably be wary of that unless you have other sources telling you it's quality stuff.

I purchase my dried foods from Kensfish.com. He has high quality stuff. In fact, all of my species love the cichlid flake mix I get from him.

There are some good, high quality foods available. Some swear by New Life Spectrum foods and don't bother getting different foods for different fish.

I like ocean nutrition community food for mixed tanks.

cool. i looked up kwik some more and it has a funny smell. its worked wonders in the past but i thinkits starting to rot....

Back
Top Bottom