higher temp/salt treatment w/ mbuna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TRDfan

Aquarium Advice Freak
most of my mbuna have ich and i was going to treat it with higher temp and salt treatment. BUT i have a pleco in there too....would he survive the treatment??

I have 2 red zebras, 2 OB red zebras, 2 yellow labs, 2 mainganos

Can you take the pleco out? He really need treatment also. Maybe you should do meds instead of salt...Remove deco and go blue....Sux...I hate ich

I plan on treating the pleco too but i was wondering if he would survive the treatment. from my reading/research, higher temp+salt works best with minimal stress to fish...so i shall try that first

but could any1 confirm that the pleco would be ok with the treatment

I have my bushy nose Made it threw mine. But remember every fish is different the salt kinda slowed down his growth rate

I just had an ich outbreak and my sailfin pleco did great, he grew about an inch in the 2 weeks the temp was elevated with salt

I've cleared ich successfully with heat only plenty of times over the years and it minimizes the losses.

You might consider adding additional aeration, like an airstone, etc. The hot water saps it of oxygen, or so I have read.

Back
Top Bottom