Hitchhiker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nolan99

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am a beginner reefer so I am unsure what this is. I have never seen this before, but I am unsure if this is aptasia. Do I need to get rid of this? Is this good or bad? Please let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_4771.JPG
    IMG_4771.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 168
Keegstee103 do you know what it might be?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have also read about colonial hydroids. Please tell me these aren't those either because I hear they are bad. Would these harm corals or fish in any way? They have spread throughout the tank and the glass except the front panel has these things that look like the beginning of them except it doesn't have the tube/worm like structure. Please help!

Possibly a better(sorry) different pic?
It looks like both a small cluster of feather dusters/tube worms, and hydroids.
The spreading quickly leans me towards the hydroid ID.

I would assume this is a new tank from what I see there are duster shoots very common in a new tank , you can suck them out as yes all those shoots can get ugly , but they are harmless , if you had hydroids /vermid snails/or spinoid worms you would know it, there shoots are short and have a more white look to them , been there done that , your tank IMO is too young for them any way unless your over feeding and fueling them

Back
Top Bottom