Holes in my plants??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buckfins

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey y'all...I have a well planted and well lit 55g. Gets ferts 2x a week. All the plants are lush and growing well. Been planted for awhile. I have noticed small holes in a few of my java ferns and other plants. Anubis are not affected. Any ideas from some of the aquarium scholars out there?

Sounds like a nutrient shortage of some sort. I'm not a plant guy by no stretch of the imagination. Hopefully more informative people will chime in. They aren't bite marks from fish are they?

Nope....no fish nibbles. I am using flourish and flourish excel. The plants are growing and are green. Just with a some holes now in the plant leafs.

Try dosing API leaf zone weekly. It is really just potassium and iron. 9 times out of 10 plants with nutrient deficiencies are lacking one or both of these.

If they start as pin holes and slowly widen this is in face a potassium deficiency. API leaf zone only contains iron and potassium and really is a good complimentary fert to Seachems Comprehensive.

Use the Leaf Zone as directed but remember it won't fix already damaged leaves. New leaves should be and stay hole free once you start using it.

Back
Top Bottom