Holiday feeding.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robert123

Aquarium Advice Freak
Im going away for 16 nights. How long can fish go with out food?
( i have 3 paradise fish, 5 platys, 3 sucker fish, 2 apple snails, 8 small pond snails, 5 zebra danios, 4 american flag fish,)
Im going away on thins friday. So any help is very welcome.

I have a pet nanny that comes in to care for my dogs and tanks.

You can ask at your vet's office (if you have one) to see if they have a staff member who might be interested in stopping by a few times during your absence.

Sometimes the lfs will have someone stop by, if you have a decent relationship with them.

Although I would leave my fish for 10 days with no food, if absolutely necessary, I would not go 16 days.

Not to hijack this thread, but how about 2 female bettas in a 1 gallon tank for 5 days? Do I need to bother feeding them for just 5 days?

Not to hijack this thread, but how about 2 female bettas in a 1 gallon tank for 5 days? Do I need to bother feeding them for just 5 days?

No, for 5 days, they'll be fine with no food.

Also, you should have a backup plan because 2 bettas, no matter male or female, in a 1 gallon tank, are bound to kill each other. They should have 5 gallons each.

LyndaB said:
You could ask a neighbor, too. If anyone has a responsible teenager who wants to earn $25 while you're away, just package the food up in baggies and instruct them how to feed.

Whew! I wish i lived by you OP! i'd be all over this...a kids gotta make money to support this fish addiction:)

Back
Top Bottom