Home made food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Emelinda76

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I tried making my own fish food.. Included mainly shrimp n scallops...
Added some vitamins n garlic...

The problem is having to thaw it out for feeding. If I put in the microwave to defrost n it slightly cooks..

Can I still feed it to the fish?

Should it's consistency b luquidy or thick?

Light stand: 72 inch Current USA 12x39W Lights: Current T5HO (2)-10kk True lumen T5HO (6)-12kk. Power white Current T5HO (4)-460nm Actinics 220 gallons custom tank

thaw it out in tank water..

I make mine, freeze it between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Peel it off, cut it into cubes and back in the freezer . Then pop one (or 2) out of the bag and into a dixie cup w/ some tank water.. Few mins stir w/ a toothpick and dump.

The food should have a mixed consistency. At least mine does.. Some bigger, some small, a little very fine. You can get that my staggering them in the blender...

CaptainAhab said:
thaw it out in tank water..

I make mine, freeze it between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Peel it off, cut it into cubes and back in the freezer . Then pop one (or 2) out of the bag and into a dixie cup w/ some tank water.. Few mins stir w/ a toothpick and dump.

The food should have a mixed consistency. At least mine does.. Some bigger, some small, a little very fine. You can get that my staggering them in the blender...

What seafoood u use?

I'll use your idea of plastic wrap ... Next time .. Thanks

Light stand: 72 inch Current USA 12x39W Lights: Current T5HO (2)-10kk True lumen T5HO (6)-12kk. Power white Current T5HO (4)-460nm Actinics 220 gallons custom tank

shrimp, scallops, smelt.. whirl in some garlic, selcon.. Then when it's all done I cut up a bunch of nori into small squares and blend that it w/ a spatula so it doesn't get all broken up.

CaptainAhab said:
shrimp, scallops, smelt.. whirl in some garlic, selcon.. Then when it's all done I cut up a bunch of nori into small squares and blend that it w/ a spatula so it doesn't get all broken up.

What is smelt n selcon??

Back
Top Bottom