Honey gourami?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scouser

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 17 gallon tank, currently holding 4 neons and 3 glow lights (soon to be bumped to 6/8 each)

My LFS stocks honeys and I think they are awesome fish, I have a Qs and I'd love some help.

-Is my tank a suitable size?

-Is there enough room?

-How many could I have (female to male ratio?)

-What type of foods do they require?

:thanks:

IMO definitely enough room.

One, or a pair. IME I also kept a trio that got along at 1:2 M:F ratio, but that doesn't usually happen.

Mine eat food from Omega One.

bruinsbro1997 said:
IMO definitely enough room.

One, or a pair. IME I also kept a trio that got along at 1:2 M:F ratio, but that doesn't usually happen.

Mine eat food from Omega One.

Cool, I'll keep an eye out at my local stores for pairs. If not I'll get a single one.

You could always try to pair them up yourselves. Males are usually the more colorful ones that have orange/red around the exterior of their lower body. Females are more of a yellowish/gray and have faint orange around the tips of their fins. At least IME with the gold variant. Not sure about the regular ones...

bruinsbro1997 said:
You could always try to pair them up yourselves. Males are usually the more colorful ones that have orange/red around the exterior of their lower body. Females are more of a yellowish/gray and have faint orange around the tips of their fins. At least IME with the gold variant. Not sure about the regular ones...

It's 2 for £7 so I'll do some research on sexing and pick some next week.

Think it'll be great for my tank :)

Back
Top Bottom