Hong kong plec

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tappy712002

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I hadn't seen him/her for few days but just seen him/her does anyone know if this is an injury or an illness and how best to treat it?

Thankyou

image-2898586887.jpg

I hadn't seen him/her for few days but just seen him/her does anyone know if this is an injury or an illness and how best to treat it?

Thankyou

what size tank do you have? that is definitely not a pleco, its just a nickname. that is one of the hillstream loaches and needs high flowing waters, cold temps, and high oxygen content. it looks like it could be a young Beaufortia kweichowensis

The tank mates are just a black moor and a fancy goldfish.... Checked waters and all are good... Did find him in filter this morning and think he could possibly be doing it on the filter media as it is a bit raspy... I have slightly lowered water level so he can't keep climbing in. But is they're anything I can put in the water to help him or will he recover on his own? He has also been out and about in the tank more over the last couple of days and he likes the cucumber that was suggested too.

he is probably trying to get in the filter because there is not enough water flow. you will need to add a small powerhead on the bottom and a trail of river stones along the bottom for him to grab on to.

Thank you to everybody who gave advice I sadly found he had died this morning....

Back
Top Bottom