Hoodless tank and snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have no tops and snails. I have never seen any evidence of them going over the wall. I am sure they could if they wanted to.

I agree.. have multiple tanks with no hoods and snails and the snails stay put.. even being chased down by assassins.. now apple snails.. I wouldn't be so sure of.

My apples have been known to venture out for a walkabout on occasion, even with hoods...you'd be surprised what they can fit through!
But even so, they will clamp shut if getting to dry, so I just pick them up and plop them back home, and they start exploring the tank all over again.

They are certainly capable of it, but I have never had problems with escaping ramshorns. Nerites and brigs, on the other hand... :nono:

its funny that you mention this because i just bought a zebra and a tiger nerite and the zebra has been on the filter for a day. he is right where the water flows back into the tank and he goes back and forth on it so i dont bother him.

I was out oft en for my birthday this whole past weekend and came home to ones less snail in the tank. He made it all the way to sink.
Determined little guy!

Found the reason my snail escaped!

Mystery snail egg clutch!

Attachments

• image-1544654536.jpg
    image-1544654536.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 106
Back
Top Bottom