Hospital Tank Help and Gourami Aggression Issues?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

violetthunder

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So a few weeks back, I decided to add two platys and a dwarf gourami to my ten gallon tank. The tank has been up and running for five months now and everything seems quite stable (temp stays at 78 degrees, 0 ammonia, 7 pH).

It has not come to my attention that one of platys is pregnant. I'm fairly new to aquariums and have never had a pregnant fish before. I know I should set up a hospital tank for her but don't know where to start. Any suggestions or advice?

Also, my gourami (I named him Sebastian) has been picking on the pregnant platy quite a bit. She doesn't appear to have any injuries but I'm worried he's stressing her out. Are dwarf gouramis usually this aggressive towards platys? He chases her around every few minutes. Should I separate them?

Thanks on advance!

(The tank also houses two silver tipped tetras.)

It would be great if you could upload a pic... ;) to make sure your platy is pregnant

I would buy a divider for your tank or some sort of baby nursery...

This would separate the gourami from the platy... If you buy a baby nursery, you can put the platy there and wait for her to give birth....

Or you can go a whole deal and buy a small separate tank....

Good luck

:)

I have had gourami, still do. The dwarf gourami I had was aggressive to all the other fish and he was in a 29 gallon tank. In my opinion, your tank is too sn
Mall for the gourami and he will chase and stress the other fish. Sorry I know they are pretty and interesting fish.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom