How aggressive are Rainbow Sharks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Solarris

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm trying to finalize my stocking list and was checking it on aqadvisor.com and it said that rainbow sharks are too aggressive to be in a tank with gouramis or congo tetras. However, another site I was looking at listed these 3 fish to be compatible. I'd love to know which is true before I make the mistake of putting incompatible fish together in the same tank.

I own a red tail shark which i'm sure has almost the same temprament as a rainbow shark (feel free to say if im wrong anyone) and mines lives alongside gold, blue and pearl gouramis and even harlequin rasbora and i haven't had any major issues with mines. When you say gourami do you mean the golds and blues or do you mean the dwarfs?

Not dwarf. I was planning on pearl, gold, and banded gouramis.

I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work but if you do decide to do this keep an eye on everyone and make sure the shark isnt picking on anybody constantly, provide plenty plant cover and spaces for the fish to go hide if they are being harassed too much (you may see small chases)

It would work fine. RBS are pretty laid back unless there's more than one (or like fish) in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom