How big do PAPUAN epaulette sharks get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im pretty sure papuans are PNGs. The 3' 6" was a mistake. They are talking about the maz for the ocellatum epaulette. How many gallons do you think I would need for a male PNG? Remember, the males get smaller. :)

I'm by no means a shark expert, but what I know is that they require a tank several times their body size across, as well as a very deep (Front to back) tank so that they can turn freely. Height not being as important.

Even at 29" I'd say anything less then 300 is probably asking for trouble once it's fully grown...but again, that's just a guess: I have a relatively small tank so I've never even bothered to consider them :)

Alright that was my guess too. Its wierd seeing them at 12"+ at the aquarium in a 20-30g tank thoguh. haha. Thanks again!!!!!!

Sorry. Also, how long would one last in a 150g? standard footprint. Im not upgrading for like 10 years so thats the biggest I could do haha. And LA gets them in sometimes. Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom