HOW breed cherry shrimp most efficiently and quickly? Tips and tricks please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquazan

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi Everyone!

I recently bought a female and male Red cherry shrimp. I put them in my 75 Gallon Lightly-medium planted tank to breed but the male is extremely small and I dont know if they will be able to breed with because they may not find each other. I am getting thirteen more tommorrow. And hopefully they will breed and multiply.

Although, I am worried my Botia will eat the eggs, or the amano shrimp will. Does anyone know how to make a safe environment for the eggs/babies? Also, what plants help to make the babies safe.

Lastly, I would really appreciate if anyoe knew how to make them breed like crazy! lol I really want a lot in my tank.

PLease Help!:thanks::thanks:

The only way to make sure of breeding RCS so that you have ALOT is to set up a breeder tank of around 10 gallons and use that to breed them for your display tank. That way you have control over how many are in there.

Jon

I agree, you'll have the best results with a shrimp only tank. They also give birth to live young but most fish will eat them.

Is there any way to make a "safe haven" in the tank?

How do I setup the breeder tank?

How fast do they breed?

Densely plating a tank with thick plants such as mosses will help offset the predation somewhat, but ultimately you're not going to see an significant population increase. If that's what you're looking for, you pretty much need to give them their own tank.

Back
Top Bottom