How can i improve my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shrimpyfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have a 29 gallon with LED lighting on all day, java moss, marimo moss balls, a blood parrot (will upgrade or rehome), and two juvenile BNPs!

Attachments

• image-2253480150.jpg
    image-2253480150.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 133
  • image-452234274.jpg
    image-452234274.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 121
I shave the algae mag float, 2 BNPSs and algae controlling plants, so very little algae

I would probably put the light on a timer. I think constant lighting might stress the fish or just cut it off when you go to sleep.

But won't the plants grow faster with the lights in everytime?

But won't the plants grow faster with the lights in everytime?

plants might grow faster, if you have the proper light. with that long of lighting period, you're also asking for algae bloom, therefore more scraping on the glass for algae removal. if your light isn't strong enough to simulate plant growth, then you're just growing out the algae, which is a waste of resource and effort IMO

The plants could grow faster (if they have enough nutrients and CO2 because 6 H2O + 6 CO2 + Energy = 6 C6H12O6 + 6 O2), if the light is always on. However, like what Bbush said your fish are probably stressed out and that makes them more susceptible to disease.

Also, when you ask "How Can I Improve My Tank?" do you mean fish, aquascaping, or plants?

You shouldn't keep the light on for the plants either, just like the fish, your plants have certain lighting requirements and over doing it will stress them out as well. A lot of plants need a night time period so depriving them of that will eventually kill them.

Back
Top Bottom