How do I make my fish physically stronger?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Its just a weird obsession. I saw my young platy swimming against the current yesterday and I was wondering if it makes him stronger? Is there anything I could feed them or change in the tank to make my fish physically stronger

put him on a workout routine and give him fish steroids..he will be the arnold schwarzenegger of fish:p *joking* some fish like to swim against the current. Cichlids love it

Strengthing Your Fish

Its just a weird obsession. I saw my young platy swimming against the current yesterday and I was wondering if it makes him stronger? Is there anything I could feed them or change in the tank to make my fish physically stronger

Hello Bob...

I don't know if you can make your "Livebearer" physically stronger, but you can definitely make it healthier. Feed a variety of frozen foods, like Bloodworms, Krill, Plankton, Mysis and Brine Shrimp. Look for those with no additives. All you want to feed is the frozen animal and added moisture (water). I recommend feeding minced garlic once a week too. Just garlic, nothing else added. Garlic has a long list of vitamins and is a natural antibiotic.

Additives tend to be things that fish don't digest well. Don't use foods with a lengthy list of ingredients. If the ingredient isn't familiar, I don't give it to my fish. Pretty simple.

Just a thought or two, you're the "Fishkeeper".

B

Hello Bob...

I don't know if you can make your "Livebearer" physically stronger, but you can definitely make it healthier. Feed a variety of frozen foods, like Bloodworms, Krill, Plankton, Mysis and Brine Shrimp. Look for those with no additives. All you want to feed is the frozen animal and added moisture (water). I recommend feeding minced garlic once a week too. Just garlic, nothing else added. Garlic has a long list of vitamins and is a natural antibiotic.

Additives tend to be things that fish don't digest well. Don't use foods with a lengthy list of ingredients. If the ingredient isn't familiar, I don't give it to my fish. Pretty simple.

Just a thought or two, you're the "Fishkeeper".

B

I've been doing those things, I feed all fish bloodworms brine shrimp flakes and algae wafers to keep their diet healthy. I just fed my fish in the 40 gallon brine shrimp

Back
Top Bottom