How do you feed your violet/dragon goby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kungpaoshizi

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've had him a little while now.. doesn't seem to be a problem in any area. Eating well, looks good, cave dweller during the day, comes out at night until sunrise...

I'm trying to find the best way to feed him though..
I don't want to hand feed since he IS a scavenger, but I hate to put excess food in the tank in the HOPES that he finds it..
Also I don't want to always put food RIGHT in front of his cave, because he is my janitor, and the only one I can put in the tank..(puffer tank)...

So how do you feed yours, what foods work well, and what is the placement of the food along with times in the night?

Thanks very much!! :)

When I kept 5 of these in their own tank I would use Wardley Shrimp Pellets. They break up into small pieces which allows them to eat them easily as they have small throats. Don't worry about placing them right in front of him. The key is to drop the food in the same place. At first he will smell the food and find it but over time he will go to that spot when it's time to eat.

Shrimp Pellets, Algae Wafers and cut up shrimp are all good food for Violet Gobies.

Back
Top Bottom