How do you "install" a feather duster in your tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

66deuce

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've been thinking of adding a FD to my tank. What all is involved when putting it in the tank? Do you have to glue it to LR like a coral, or bury it in the sand? Obviously I've never had one and don't know anyone else who has either. :?:

i never glued mine, i buried it's foot in the sand near a rock (or in one case just placed it near a rock) and they attach themselves in a matter of a week or two. i dont know about glueing them.

i've never had a problem with them attaching, just put the tube in a rock crevice, or bury it in the sand, leave a small bit of the tube above sand or out of the rock, and make sure it doesn't get covered. try to give it some water motion as well.

Anyone have any problems with tangs nibbling on feather dusters?

Never had any problems with my tang going after them. I have 4 i bought and hudreds that just tagged along wiht the LR. CBB on the other hand will eat them all. So dont add them if you have one.

stresco said:
Never had any problems with my tang going after them. I have 4 i bought and hudreds that just tagged along wiht the LR. CBB on the other hand will eat them all. So dont add them if you have one.

CBB?

:?

I have a Naso and for a while there, she was nipping the heck out of one of my Hawaiian dusters. However, this seems to have stopped now. but they can and will nip at the dusters

I had the same problem with my foxface. Ate the whole thing, minus the tube. Can't seem to keep anything but corals in with the face. Eats anything that resembles any type of algea

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom