How hardy are clown Knife Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys, I have been looking through a lot of website, but can't seem to see how hardy they are. I want to get one in around an hour time, but i'm scared that it might die? Is it as hardy as an juvenile/adult oscar? I also heard that they aren't hardy when are less then 10''. The one i'm getting is between 4-6 inches. Something around that.
Precise information please!

Thanks

Hey guys, I have been looking through a lot of website, but can't seem to see how hardy they are. I want to get one in around an hour time, but i'm scared that it might die? Is it as hardy as an juvenile/adult oscar? I also heard that they aren't hardy when are less then 10''. The one i'm getting is between 4-6 inches. Something around that.
Precise information please!

Thanks

They're not delicate fish, but do need good maintenance and great water conditions. They also grow incredibly large so unless you have a very big tank their health will suffer anyway making hardy or not hardy irrelevant.

They're not delicate fish, but do need good maintenance and great water conditions. They also grow incredibly large so unless you have a very big tank their health will suffer anyway making hardy or not hardy irrelevant.
Size is not a matter of concern for me. I already have adequate tank size.

Size is not a matter of concern for me. I already have adequate tank size.

From what I've ready in the past knife fish are fairly hardy but some have issues keeping young knives. They are sensitive to ammonia and nitrite like any other fish of course but I don't believe they are as sensitive to nitrate as some other fish, I don't remember anything about their ph requirements though

From what I've ready in the past knife fish are fairly hardy but some have issues keeping young knives. They are sensitive to ammonia and nitrite like any other fish of course but I don't believe they are as sensitive to nitrate as some other fish, I don't remember anything about their ph requirements though
Good to know. Well 6 to 7is what I read, I have 7,2 I think. Stability is important so I don't think I will be having issues with that.

Back
Top Bottom