How long can a 2" fish survive...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Matman1110

Aquarium Advice Regular
How long can a 2" cichlid survive in a 47G tank without a filter or substrate. Right now he is the only fish in the tank and ive been feeding him very small amounts every other day. I also test the water everyday for ammonia and so far 0 ppm.

I isolated the fish 3 days ago from my main tank because he was too small and was getting beat up by the larger fish. I had to put him somewhere and had a spare tank. I set up the heater and several decorations from the main tank in the isolation tank and water parameters are in check at the moment. Just wondering when i can expect to see a spike in ammonia with just this one fish and at this feeding pace.

I plan on purchasing more fish this Tues or Wed and once i do i will likely move an established filter over to the isolation tank. Will this 2" fish be okay until then?

Last edited:
Add a bubble wand or sumply do a water change about wert 4 day Yo be on the safe side. I would say he would be ok from ammonia but he will need oxigen from the water movement.

Back
Top Bottom