How Long Can I leave Cucumber In?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cre8byconstance

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I gave my Mystery Snail, Mal, a slice of cucumber. He ate some, but not much. How long should I leave it in before removing it? I don't want to mess with my water levels, but don't want to take away his treat before I need to either.

I gave my Mystery Snail, Mal, a slice of cucumber. He ate some, but not much. How long should I leave it in before removing it? I don't want to mess with my water levels, but don't want to take away his treat before I need to either.
I usually take my veggies out between 2-3 days after I put in a fresh slice or whenever I see white stuff forming on it

I usually take my veggies out between 2-3 days after I put in a fresh slice or whenever I see white stuff forming on it

Thanks! I left the first piece in overnight and then took it out just in case, but put a fresh piece in today. Good to know I won't hurt the levels leaving it in more than a few hours. :)

Should not hurt the levels to much only would when it starts to decay and rot, other than that it would just dirty up your filter faster, nothing major if you keep tabs on it. Or to be more cautious, test the water everyday and see if it changes. ☺

Back
Top Bottom