how long do motors for filters last? I just bought an aqua tech filter and I was just

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes. i bought another bc it was on sale. now i have an aquatech in use and an aqueon sitting under the tank

Just save it for a QT tank or if your filter craps out on you for some reason. It's always good to have. I have an extra HOB always laying around in case something happens.

ok another question. is my tank overstocked?
20gal
3 betta females
2 zebra dans
1 pitbull pleco
1 julius cory
1 bolivian ram
1 molly
3 platies

Humanis1993 said:
20gal
3 betta females
2 zebra dans
1 pitbull pleco
1 julius cory
1 bolivian ram
1 molly
3 platies

First, please hurry and get at least 2 more corys. They despise being alone. And yes, I'd ditch the livebearers. The Molly and the plates that is.

20gal
3 betta females
2 zebra dans
1 pitbull pleco
1 julius cory
1 bolivian ram
1 molly
3 platies

Yes, I do think it's overstocked.

First of all danios and mollies aren't appropriate for a 20 gal. I would get rid of them, and add 3 more juliis. One little cory by itself is one sad little cory. Then your stock would be fine, just make sure you have a liquid master test kit to keep an eye on your water parameters.

I wouldn't keep 3 betta females together personally. 4-6 is better for a sorority, they are able to establish the pecking order better this way. If they are not flaring at eachother and there is zero fighting, than it's fine, but if they are, I would get rid of 2 of them before they start killing eachother.

Yeah the only problem is the two zebra dans and they just chase each other. I originally had three but one died the day I got it from harassment from the other two :(
Yeah ill go get two more cries this weekend I'm busy with school and I don't have a car to drive yett

Yes that is because they need to be in a school of 6+ or they get nippy.

Two more cries? What did you mean there?

Cories is always auto corrected. I believe he means corydoras

Oh that make sense..lol I should have realized.

That sounds great. My advice to you would be to take the danios and molly in, and get a couple more cories instead.

Back
Top Bottom