How many amano shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DASHRIMPMONSTER

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 50 gallon hob filter 5 black skirt tetras, 6 harlequin rasboras, and three platies, Plants: an amazon sword, java moss, some floating bacopa, 2 java ferns and a lot of hornwort. The tank is a 20 gallon high how many amanos cAn I do if I can do any

Also, I would like to try a 10 gallon DP tank with about 10 or 20 rcs OR 6 amanos, OR 10 ghosts AND a colony of MTS.... I dont really care if my puff tears apart the ghosts, I would use them for feeders anyways:ermm:. 1) It would be a heavily planted tank, but would any shrimp survive?, and 2) How many MTS would I need for a steady colony for one puffer?:)

Also, I would like to try a 10 gallon DP tank with about 10 or 20 rcs OR 6 amanos, OR 10 ghosts AND a colony of MTS.... I dont really care if my puff tears apart the ghosts, I would use them for feeders anyways:ermm:. 1) It would be a heavily planted tank, but would any shrimp survive?, and 2) How many MTS would I need for a steady colony for one puffer?:)

All I can add here is that I had a 20 gallon with 100 rcs and then I added 1 betta.... within a month and a half I had 0 rcs left. They don’t fit in his mouth but he can tear them apart alive then eat them.

I’ve had ninja shrimp survive well in a bolbitis fern. Maybe the java fern as well when I had big clumps of it (foot across). Never saw them normally but did find them on doing tank re-scapes.

Back
Top Bottom