How many Tetras can I add?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

faysalals1

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 26 gallon tank, with one Betta, 11 Rummynose, and 4 Mystery snails.

I love the Rummynose, but they look like a regular silver fish from a distance. I think adding Neon Tetras would make the colors in the tank look better.

Is there more room to add Neon Tetras?

I have a 26 gallon tank, with one Betta, 11 Rummynose, and 4 Mystery snails.

I love the Rummynose, but they look like a regular silver fish from a distance. I think adding Neon Tetras would make the colors in the tank look better.

Is there more room to add Neon Tetras?

For what it's worth, Neons are not going to be very visible from a distance because they are a small fish. Your rummynoses should have a bright red face and if yours don't, you need to figure out why. Maybe it's water quality? Maybe it's the food you are feeding?
As for adding more fish, what are the dimensions of your aquarium ( length/ Width/ Height) ?

For what it's worth, Neons are not going to be very visible from a distance because they are a small fish. Your rummynoses should have a bright red face and if yours don't, you need to figure out why. Maybe it's water quality? Maybe it's the food you are feeding?
As for adding more fish, what are the dimensions of your aquarium ( length/ Width/ Height) ?

My Rummynose do have very red nose, and black dots in their tail, but you cant really see it from far away. While Neon tetra are blue and red, I think they would look nicer? I love my Rummynose, but I was wondering if I can add more color with other fish

23.6 x 15.8 x 15.8 inches

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CF9G3FP1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My Rummynose do have very red nose, and black dots in their tail, but you cant really see it from far away. While Neon tetra are blue and red, I think they would look nicer? I love my Rummynose, but I was wondering if I can add more color with other fish

23.6 x 15.8 x 15.8 inches

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CF9G3FP1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That's not a very large tank length wise to have too many schools of fish. I suggest you go to a shop that has neons and look at them from the distance you are talking about to see if you really see them distinctly and to your liking. Otherwise, you would be better to pick some larger more colorful fish that are more easily visible from a distance and don't need longer tank lengths. (y)

Back
Top Bottom