How much CO2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jovan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How Much CO2?I have a low tech planted aquarium with jungle Val's and a couple of crypts. I'm upgrading the tank to high tech soon. I saw a DIY CO2 using 2 litre plastic bottles. My tank is 55 gallons and my lighting is now 3 watts per gallon, it is also moderately planted, how many plastic bottles do I need to use?

Fish! Fish! Fish!

I use 3 with my 30 gal, but that's just me. Try a few and see if you get any growth if not use more.

May the force be with you.

I use 3 with my 30 gal, but that's just me. Try a few and see if you get any growth if not use more.

Could I even stay on the less CO2 side and get only a little boost in plant growth?

Fish! Fish! Fish!

Do u dose excel or metricide 14? There's an alternative or you could use that aswell as the diy.

Any co2 is better than none. I run co2 and use a liquid fert.

Rivercats ran a 220 gallon tank with no co2, just excel. That's what I recommend.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That would grow plants. Just make sure the bulbs are around 6500k

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Here are the description it wasn't intended for aquarium use though;

Propagate your seedlings effectively with a high output fluorescent light made for plant propagation. 20,000 total lumens in the blue spectrum is perfect for propagating seedlings, clones, or keeping plants happy year round. At 5,000 lumens and 54-watts per bulb, the high output T-5 boasts itself as the strongest fluorescent lighting around.

Blue spectrum 6400K bulbs included120-Volt only
Perfect for propagation

Fish! Fish! Fish!

I used the Search feature for "ViaVolt" and found that this question was asked twice this year and three times last year. Unfortunately, none of the posts included reviews of the product. Since it is intended for terrestrial plants, care must be taken to protect the feature from water/splash.

I used the Search feature for "ViaVolt" and found that this question was asked twice this year and three times last year. Unfortunately, none of the posts included reviews of the product. Since it is intended for terrestrial plants, care must be taken to protect the feature from water/splash.

I can do that, but the lights will grow underwater plants, right? The thing that's confusing me is the 'blue spectrum' does that affect anything?

Fish! Fish! Fish!

From the product description it has switches to run 2 or 4 bulbs. 4 may be a bit too much if you are not supplying enough ferts and a carbon source. For a lower costing excel alternative, try Metricide 14.
Find out what the return policy is for this item. You might be able to buy it, try it, and return it if it is not working out for you.

For your plants, it seems everyone is over advising you. You probably don't even need to add a supplemental carbon source. Even with the lower end of lighting. Vals and crypts can grow on nearly ambient lighting. I wouldn't worry about co2 unless you add a much higher intensity light fixture and an aggressive fertilizer regime.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom