How much light??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

moose9

Aquarium Advice Activist
How much light should my tank be receiving daily for solid plant growth and limited algae growth. It is a 10 gallon tank with anubias, hygrophila kompact, hairgrass, javafern, vals, and a moss ball. The tank has no fish, just amano and cherry shrimp.
The tank is young, just a few weeks old, with two flor. lights, broad spectrum, one 15w, one 10 w.

Is this sufficient light, too much light, and how long should they receive light each day?

Also are there certain bulbs i should have to max growth, maybe twodifferent type of lights for each fixture?

pics soon.

img_1117543_0_3f66ed8a9126d461795bde5cec8629d3.jpg

What's the color rating on the lights? Either way you should be fine with all plants except for the hairgrass, they may not grow out too well.

what is a colour rating. the 15 w says Aqua-glo and the other i cant see any writing,. What should i dofor the hairgrass?

Color rating is given on a ####K like say 10,000K or 6,000K etc. The optimal lights are 6000K-7000K for plants.

The your light levels if it falls within that color range will be OK for hairgrass.

There's a certain spectrum in which plants go through their biological processes at the highest efficiency. The "K" gives the color spectrum of the particular light. 25watts over a 10gallon in general should be just fine for hair grass provided you have the right color light.

You should be good to go. Limit your light to twelve hours a day maximum. A cheap timer works wonders.

Back
Top Bottom