How much should I be feeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cpaparelli

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've got a 125G tank with 6 small angelfish, 2 pearl gouramis, 2 dwarf gouramis, and 3 platies (temporary occupants). How much and how often should I be feeding them? I have a small container of TetraColor food I picked up for the platies, but I'm not sure if it's appropriate for the rest of them. Every time I go near the top of the tank, everyone is at the top of the tank begging to be fed! I'm feeding a few good-sized shakes every few hours, probably 3-5 times a day... I don't want to be starving the little guys!

prob feeding too much. what ever they can eat in 2-3 mins is plenty. they should be fine only being feed once a day. i feed my fish 5-6 times a week.

I agree with MG. The way I stock my tanks, if I fed 3-5 times daily it would be a water quality nightmare. I also skip feedings 1-2 days a week.

How often would you guys/gals feed with a tank containing 2 Oscars,a JD, a convict, a firemouth, and 2 catfish?

the same. the only tanks that get more is fry tanks. there are some fish that should be feed 2-3 times a day like discus and maybe really small active fish but again with my small active fish i still only feed 5-6 times a week.

the same. the only tanks that get more is fry tanks. there are some fish that should be feed 2-3 times a day like discus and maybe really small active fish but again with my small active fish i still only feed 5-6 times a week.

Thanks! ... I've been feeding them 3 times a day.
But just small amounts.

i also skip a day every week.I read fish only have a 5 sec memory span so after 6 sec they have already forgotten they have eaten and will always beg for food.Also if you feed them tetra crisps 1 crisp is like a human eating a pork chop it says. lol

Fish are opportunistic eaters by nature so they will always LOOK hungry. Once a day is enough and fasting once or twice a week actually seems even better to me. As mentioned, fry are a different story.

Back
Top Bottom