How small is too small?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chi_Cichlid

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello Fellow Fish Lovers!

I have a 75g all male peacock/hap tank and just bought some juvenile peacocks that are currently in a grow out tank. Can someone please give me some advice on how big they should be before I introduce them to my main tank? Currently they are all about 1.5-2"

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have mbuna, but id say at least bigger than what can fit in the mouths of the other fish. For pretty obvious reasons lol I added a 1-1.5" fish in with my tank when the biggest was around 4". Quite a size difference if you take into account how much skinnier the smaller fish was too. But he did fine after they got used to seeing him around the tank. New additions always get chased heavy whenever they see it until they slowly get used to seeing the fish around and after that things calm down in my experience. But bigger fish do seem to have an easier time.

I know mine arent full grown or anything, but figured id share my experiences anyways!

Thanks for sharing your experience Daven! I guess I'll wait till they get a bit bigger, just to be safe haha

Sent from my SM-G900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom