How to breed the black venzuela cory?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samzter

Aquarium Advice Addict
Had a really good offer on these Cories. There's barely any information online about them. I've found a bit but anything on breeding would be so so so helpful. :) thank you.

i bred cores,what i did was i used a ten gallon tank, you need plant matterial i bought java moss on aqua bid . com. very easy plant to grow .i had my tank filled with it , had seven or eight cories in tank, and let them do there thing , they would swim through the moss dropping and fertilizing eggs. i used spunge filters , they are fry friendly.

greetings.

the Black Corydoras (the one called venezuela) is a coloration discovered through breeding the fish Corydoras schultzei, and as of such, any guide that applies to that fish (should - after my 5 cents) count for the black venezuela aswell. good luck!

Most all Corys breed the same.

Move your Corys to a separate breeder tank that had plants like Java Moss and Java Fern. Plump them up with live, meaty meals. Then before (I believe daybreak, although it could be sunset, doing this off memory), do a 25% water change with cooler than usual water. This replicates the rainy season rains that stimulate the Corys to breed.

After that it's pretty standard fry care :)

Most all Corys breed the same.

Move your Corys to a separate breeder tank that had plants like Java Moss and Java Fern. Plump them up with live, meaty meals. Then before (I believe daybreak, although it could be sunset, doing this off memory), do a 25% water change with cooler than usual water. This replicates the rainy season rains that stimulate the Corys to breed.

After that it's pretty standard fry care :)

Thanks predfan!

Just to let you know I've ordered three! They should be arriving on the 31st of December.

Back
Top Bottom