How to clean Fluval Nano tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeyGeeze

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 2 gallon nano tank that's planted with some moss, swords and water sprite. I also have a piece of driftwood in there and have sand as substrate. I'm concerned on how I'm going to do water changes and clean the sand with this little tank. Trying to use the python cyphon is going to destroy the decor and plants since theres no room! Anybody with one of these have any tips and tricks? I only have RCS in there but I'm thinking about introducing MTS from my other tank to stir the sand up. Would that be a good idea or not so much? I don't want them to out compete my shrimp for food.... Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

I don't know much aboutnFluval aquariuns so I'll leave that to people who know more. I don't think trumpet snails are really necessary as the poisonous gas pockets in the sand thing is not that common. And, the roots from the plants move around the sand some already.

bud29 said:
I don't know much aboutnFluval aquariuns so I'll leave that to people who know more. I don't think trumpet snails are really necessary as the poisonous gas pockets in the sand thing is not that common. And, the roots from the plants move around the sand some already.

This is true about the roots. The tank is so small I just don't know how to clean it without messing up everything in it haha.

Mumma.of.two said:
I use a piece of airline tubing to do my smaller tanks. Allows you to reach into small areas.

Ahh this is very true. So would it be unnecessary to introduce the trumpet snails?

I think you can if you want but I personally don't believe they would be necessary. You can wait and get a second opinion from mumma.of.two, she really knows what she's talking about. Best of luck on your tank!

bud29 said:
I think you can if you want but I personally don't believe they would be necessary. You can wait and get a second opinion from mumma.of.two, she really knows what she's talking about. Best of luck on your tank!

I don't think I will if there isn't much benefit of them in the tank like you said. I didn't even add them to my first tank, they snuck in on a plant LOL.

Back
Top Bottom