How to disinfect plants for transplant to another tank ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

candymancan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I plan to move a huge chunk of my watersprite in my 55g to my 27g hex.. The 55G the watersprite is near reaching the top of the tank and its kinda bushy now.. I want to take some suction cups I have and stick those on the glass on my hexagon and sorta tie the watersprite to them making a nice wall of watersprite for my background mid level to the top of the tank.

Only problem is I don't want to move any of those planaria worms that seemed to have hitched a ride from my 5.5g betta tank.. The betta tank is clear of them as I used a dog de-wormer to kill them... but I don't want to use that in the 55g with all my fish in there.. and I can only see them if I really try to find em in the gravel... But I still don't want them in my hexagon. I know they will come on the plant because my 2.6 betta tank has them now from me moving Java fern over.. lol

So how do I disinfect the plant without killing it ?

Soak plants in 1 part hydrogen peroxide 3% to 3 parts water and soak 20-30 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom