How to fix coral to LR?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have just bought my first button ploys. It is on a small piece of LR. I wanted to place it half way up on a LR. But my clarkii just won't have it. He kept knocking it off the LR. So to avoid any damage, I have now placed it on the substrate. My question is how should I place it permanently on a piece of LR?

Can you actually use these adhesive in the water? Or do I have to glue them together with the LR taken out of the water?

Can you actually use these adhesive in the water? Or do I have to glue them together with the LR taken out of the water?

You will want to put the glue on the rock that is attached to the zoo out of the water and then put the piece under water and attach it to LR. Hold the frag in place for a minute or two until the glue sets.

BTW, you can use just about any glue you want as long as it has Cyanoacrylate in it. I prefer the Duro Brand Superglue Gel. I get two tubes at Wal-Mart in the hardware section for about $2.

I use AquaScape putty.. it comes as two sticks and you take a bit of each and mix them up together till it's soft and then you can pretty much stick anything to anything with it. It cures underwater to a nice purple coralline colour in a few hours. You can also use it to make bases for frags etc.. Just remember it's permanent once set.

The putty is great for lps or sps frag, but unless the softie already has a base its attached to, its not going to work. I believe Kwan said button polyps....so it might work..it might not.

But I agree...If I can use putty I definitely prefer it.

well for soft i have found that you can glue it to a small rock with super glue and then epoxy it to a bigger rock.

Back
Top Bottom