How to get Coral Skeletons white again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jade

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a bunch of chunks of skeleton that I picked up in Cancun. I had them in my tank for a while, but they get dirty and start looking the same coloras my rock. I want as much white and color as possible.
I have tried pressure washing them, washing with a scrub brush under hot water, what else can I do?
Can I bleach these safely once in a while, to keep them white?

BLEACH!!

Put them in a bleach water mixture and let them soak. After a fw hours they should be fairly clean. Then rinse them real well and let them air dry outisde for 24 hours. The sunlight will help breakdown any remaning bleach particles. This will have to be done every few weeks.

no need to use bleach. line a box with foil and put them outside on a sunny day.

Cool, thanks. I thought maybe just sitting out in the sun might help, since that's where I found them, in the sun on the beach...

Bleach is the quickest way. I use to do this when my tank was FO, but gave up and they have become part of my LR. They actually look pretty good and more natural with the bacteria and algae accumulating on them.

Just a thought,

Back
Top Bottom