How to keep hermit crab from knocking Torch over?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

duoc9119

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 3 gallon tank with just a Torch in the sand bed and one of the hermits decided to call the base a nice home and keeps knocking it over. Any way to secure it in the sand bed to keep it from falling over?

You might want to secure it up on your rock somehow. The problem where it is if it should get sand grains in the fleshy part of the coral will irritate it possibly causing it to get the Brown Jelly disease. I would move it up on the rock.

You might want to secure it up on your rock somehow. The problem where it is if it should get sand grains in the fleshy part of the coral will irritate it possibly causing it to get the Brown Jelly disease. I would move it up on the rock.

Would you recommend any of those epoxy solutions on Foster and Smith?

That would work. I have all my torches, hammers and frogspawn up in the tank on my LR. Could you make a small hole in the LR and insert it in there.

That would work. I have all my torches, hammers and frogspawn up in the tank on my LR. Could you make a small hole in the LR and insert it in there.

I will order some of the epoxy and stick it somewhere on the rocks. There arent very many holes I can stick it in sadly. I'm working on a seed/curing rock tank when I get a shipment of rocks from marco rocks and then go around getting a pound or two of premium rocks from local shops. Rocks here are nicely covered in coralline (sometimes) but are denser than fruit cakes

Hi Mike I too have a frogspawn but I have it wedged deep into the sand is this wrong?

Attachments

• various mushrooms polyps  frogspawn.jpg
    various mushrooms polyps frogspawn.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 94
Back
Top Bottom