how to obtain the biggest bioload?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rich6459 said:
I'm getting readings of .25 ammonia and lower. No nitrites or nitrates yet. It's been about a week and a half since I've started the cycle.

Keep up on PWC and test daily. Also leave your filter alone, build up there will help feed the bacteria IME.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium

Okay sounds good I'll be sure to do that, and keep you posted. Any tips on what percentage I should replace (water) everyday. And what does IME mean. Sorry I'm still new to all this fishy language.

rich6459 said:
Okay sounds good I'll be sure to do that, and keep you posted. Any tips on what percentage I should replace (water) everyday. And what does IME mean. Sorry I'm still new to all this fishy language.

IME = in my experience

As for how much, I prefer doing 25% x 2 (a
AM/PM), but it's up to you and what you think your tank/fish needs.

Well I'm doing one pwc a day that's around 50 percent. The pass two days my ammonia level has been below .25. So I thing that's getting the job done.

rich6459 said:
Well I'm doing one pwc a day that's around 50 percent. The pass two days my ammonia level has been below .25. So I thing that's getting the job done.

That sounds good. Did you read the "cycling with fish" info/thread (not sure if it's a stickie)? That's a good guide I hear.

No I didn't actually I'll be sure to look it up when no get on a computer. Anything yet I should be doing ya think?

rich6459 said:
No I didn't actually I'll be sure to look it up when no get on a computer. Anything yet I should be doing ya think?

All I can say is keep a good balance between the ammo and critters so everything keeps moving forward, because if the cycle stalls I think you have to start over (but don't quote me;)).

Back
Top Bottom