How to ship plant trimmings?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SCFatz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm getting pretty close to trimming again and would not mind sharing.

How is it done?

I'm at 1.2 WPG so they are all low light.Dibs you have gotten.

Basically you want to wrap the plants in damp (not soaking wet) paper towels or newspaper. Then place these into an appropriately sized ziplock bag. Place all the bags together in a box that has been well padded with crumpled newspaper, styrofoam, or the like This will keep the plants from being bounced around in the box and insulate against temp changes. Include a heat pack or ice pack as weather dictates. If you're shipping within the US, USPS Priority usually gets plants there within 2-3 days and is realatively inexpensive. I've used this method many times, and so far plants have always arrived in good shape.

i completly agree with purrbox, i just shipped some plants out and used the same methed. i got the papertowel wet wrapped the plants in it then put it in a ziplock freezer bag, stuffed the box(i used a shoebox) full of crumpled paper and shipped it using 2 day shipping. plants arrived in perfect condition and the person i sent them to was very happy.

Back
Top Bottom