how to tranfer cheato algea???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JASONinNM

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys I need a trim on my macro algae in my sump and was wondering what the best way to go about trimming it. Also I found people that want to buy it from me so I need to know what the best way of tranfering it? Just like a fish???

And I was gonna cut about half of what I have now (on the pic provided) and was wondering of it will and how long it may take to grow back? IF it grows back.

AeThis is the sump with my algae. I wanted to cut and sell about half of this... is this going to affect anything and will it grow back???

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110224_214643.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110224_214643.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 124
Haha exactly why I'm selling half of it! Or should ibe getting rid of more? I was givin this coplete set up from brother in law because he couldn't take care of it (obviously) .... should It nvr be this packed again?? This is. 15g sump. Should it always be about half of what it is now?

take it all out,squeeze it over a bucket to get out the nutrients and throw that water,pull apart about half of it and put half back into the sump.To transport it put it into an old salt bucket with some tank water and sell it.thats what I do.

yes, it will grow back, you'll have to do that process a lot.

Iv got light on when my DT lights are off. Which is about 10 hours a day. Thanks guys iv heard to shake the pods out over DT. Before too???

Back
Top Bottom