How to use mini co2 canisters for plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So by replacing the bubble counter you also have to get a new check valve? Does the stock one come with a check valve

Yes it does. Just be careful when u hook it up to the lines i broke it just trying to connect it. The fluval bubble counter has a diffrent connection method. Check valves are like 2 for 6$.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have three of those Aquatek mini regulators for paintball. They're all still working so that's a good sign to quality for the value.

I actually been using the bubble counter they come with. Yes they aren't the greatest, but they do work. The good thing about them is they have an integrated check valve. So if you decide to replace it with the fluval bubble counter (which I have as well on my DIY system), buy a couple of check valves and put them inline. Otherwise, water can get into the regulator.

I don't use zip ties to keep the bottle up. I use a kitchen utensil caddy that works perfectly for my application.

Nice idea with the caddy, is that a tv stand?

No... It's actually an Ikea Besta cabinet. So happens the dimensions are just right to fit the 60p fairly perfect. I really like it as a stand because it's a fraction of the price of an actual ADA stand.

Could I spray one canister of these straight into my tank? Would it be too much co2 for the fish?
uze9u5e8.jpg

Lol okay I just want to help my plants as much as possible. Do you recommend a diy co2 setup? I plan on making one to grow ghg

Diy will work with a20 gallon they get to be less useful for bigger tanks though

Do you think hairgrass will grow in this setup?

Depends on your lighting i believe dhg needs medium to high light

Back
Top Bottom