HTTH or lateral line questions regarding angelfish and rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kelly5978

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I keep having issues with this disease. I have done tons of research, but conflicting opinions confuse me. Could anyone with experience answer the following:

1. Is this mainly a secondary issue, when a more serious problem is present?

2. Can a fish beat this parasite/worm on its own /strong immune system?

3. If all angelfish have this, but it only becomes an issue when a fish is stressed, won't it come back ever time the fish is stressed? Do you ever really beat it?

4. If you successfully treat the fish, then a new fish, who was quarantined, but got stressed when moved to the main tank, shows symptoms, will the other fish get it again? I guess I'm asking if fish become immune after beating the this once?

5. If you have already treated with metronidazole, and the fish still won't eat, what is the next step/medication?

6. If you are not overfeeding, keep temp 82, have adequate space, compatible tank mates, keep parameters in check, don't use carbon and change water every week....how could fish get this?

I know folks are sick of my many questions, but I love angelfish! I really want to understand, so I can raise them. I don't want to just "throw away" fish that get sick, I actually care about them. I really want to hear others' experience with this, and what worked for them. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom