I Can't Find Any Shrimp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amethystfern

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I'm looking for ghost shrimp for my community tank and my only option really is to order some online as there aren't any local fish stores in my area or in my state. And my local pet stores only sell your basic fish, no inverts. :x

I usually use petsolutions.com for fish and plants but I've been really disappointed with the site lately. I was going to go through Pet Solutions to get a bunch of plants that I want and the shrimp all at once so I could reach the minimum price needed but the shipping is absurd.

I decided to go through buceplant.com for plants as it's more reasonable for me (and better quality, in my opinion) but I have no idea how I can get my hands on some ghost shrimp. Any advice?

Buce plant is expensive as well I wasn't impressed. I think they get away with it because they carry a lot if rarities. The plants they sent me were tiny for the $ and certainly wouldn't survive with any digging/burrowing/plant eating fish. I lost most of the bolbitis they sent me. I found a German site that's better I'll send a link

Also check out Carolina biological for value. It's for teachers so it's very affordable but limited in variety. They dont skimp on the plants. Great carnivorous plant selection. Great selection of small inverts like daphnia etc. Only thing is it's FedEx which I don't prefer but maybe you have a good relationship with your local FedEx guy and wouldn't be an issue for you?

Yeah, I decided against Buce Plant after putting a cart together on their site. I just went to my local Pet Smart and got a few plants there. I have an amazon sword that I purchased there months ago and it's still doing well so I'm just going to see how it goes. Plus I didn't have to pay for shipping. (Couldn't find a good carpeting plant that wasn't ridiculously priced though! :/)

Funny enough, my partner stumbled across Carolina a while back and I was looking at it last night. They have ghost shrimp but they come in a set of 12 and I think that's going to be too much for my tank.

Oh my god, I feel so stupid. I decided to check ebay (which I've never used before) and of course I find so many things for less than a dollar plus shipping! Well, lesson learned the hard way.

Back
Top Bottom