i have a brown alge problem can any one help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have a brown alge problem i want to know what causes this and how to fix it? I have a 3o gal reef tank: coral life compact florecent lite 24" sorry dont know the wattage, fluval 402 canister filter, aquafuge 2 refugium, 10 watt uv sterrlizer, protieen skimmer, live sand live rock, cleaner shrimp, lawn mower blenny, firefish, clarki clown, tons of macro alge in tank and refigum, mushroom polyps, a small polyp collony and three pink tip annomes someone please help in hate the brown alge. all my levels are good ive been testing every day. ive also been doing 1 gallon watter changer every 2-3 three days to see if that would help but just cant seem to shake it im in dire need

Post Numbers of water .. Telling us levels are good means nothing to us... You good maybe different then ours..
Algae needs food these are nitrates and phosphates test both and post numbers..
what kind of water ae you using>

WELCOME TO AA!!!

How old are your lights?
What/how much/how often do you feed?
How long do you run your lights?
I agree we need some numbers for a better idea of what is going on in your tank.

Brown algae is a signal of imbalance in the aquarium eco-system and very rarely effects an aquarium that is in balance. My guess is one of your parameters is off, perhaps your phosphates since many people don't even test for those. I would recommend taking a water sample to a reputable LFS if one is nearby and getting a full service water test.

Nitrites
Nitrates
Ammonia
Phosphates
ph
Alkalinity
Calcium

The whole works!

Back
Top Bottom