i have a filter dilema.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wilddog

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have purchased 2x 2 inch bala shark and 1 angelfish. At the moment they are in my interpet 120 litre (30 gallon) fish tank, its temporary they will be moved into a 200 gallon tank shortly. But my question is, is that im using the 3 action filter that came with the tank and realise both fish like different levels of water current. The bala sharks are doing great and enjoy swimming against the current, but the angelfish appears fine and is acting well though does like to stay out of the current. I heard angelfish dislike current silver sharks like current so what should I do? At the moment I'm sticking with this filter as the angelfish doesn't look too bothered. Anyway I would be very grateful for an answer, thank you.

I have purchased 2x 2 inch bala shark and 1 angelfish. At the moment they are in my interpet 120 litre (30 gallon) fish tank, its temporary they will be moved into a 200 gallon tank shortly. But my question is, is that im using the 3 action filter that came with the tank and realise both fish like different levels of water current. The bala sharks are doing great and enjoy swimming against the current, but the angelfish appears fine and is acting well though does like to stay out of the current. I heard angelfish dislike current silver sharks like current so what should I do? At the moment I'm sticking with this filter as the angelfish doesn't look too bothered. Anyway I would be very grateful for an answer, thank you.
Please dont take this wrong but I think you should get rid of the sharks and setup for the angel. The sharks are going to be too big for even a 200 gallon tank.

Please dont take this wrong but I think you should get rid of the sharks and setup for the angel. The sharks are going to be too big for even a 200 gallon tank.

sorry but i cant put it any differently than your wrong 200 gallons is easily big enough for 2 bala sharks. also by get rid of the sharks what do you mean? flush them? anyway i would rather i got a direct answer to the question. and thanks for trying.

My Lfs had a couple 7-8" balas in a 200g display, approx 6-7' long,(for sale) those things flew around that tank, i would not go as far as to compare it to a beta in a 1/2 gal bowl but man those things wanted/needed more space to swim..

sorry but i cant put it any differently than your wrong 200 gallons is easily big enough for 2 bala sharks. also by get rid of the sharks what do you mean? flush them? anyway i would rather i got a direct answer to the question. and thanks for trying.

I did answer your question. A 200 gallon tank is not big enough for an extremely active 12 inch fish. Also they are schooling fish so they like larger groups. I am not going to start an argument here though so this will be mily last post. I think before you are so quick to get rude you should think though because I only told you the truth and tried tk be polite about it.

I did answer your question. A 200 gallon tank is not big enough for an extremely active 12 inch fish. Also they are schooling fish so they like larger groups. I am not going to start an argument here though so this will be mily last post. I think before you are so quick to get rude you should think though because I only told you the truth and tried tk be polite about it.

Sorry but its your word against every one I've read on the internet that all state that a 200 gallon tank is a good size for 6 bala sharks, I'm not trying to be difficult I just find it hard to believe your word against most everyone else.

I'm not taking.advice from someone who doesn't even have the same size tank.

I hate to break this to you but in that case you won't be taking advice from anyone.

How about we start with the dimensions. What are the measurements of the tank?

As for keeping the angel with them, you are going to have to play that by ear if you insist on keeping them all.

Back
Top Bottom