I just saw the birth!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishies86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
After a year of having fish, I finally got to see my guppy giving birth :D it was amazing! And so quick :) the babies are so tiny too, but I have no idea how she fitted that many inside her :)

Awesome I like watching that just make sure she doesn't eat her fry! How many fry? In first batch? Also make sure she is done Giving birth before putting her back

Fishie said:
Awesome I like watching that just make sure she doesn't eat her fry! How many fry? In first batch? Also make sure she is done Giving birth before putting her back

I think she ate quite a few :( I'm not sure how many fry as she dropped them all in the main tank and they pretty much disappeared straight away, there's so many hiding places :)

can't believe i actually got to see it! :) usually I know exactly what night she is going to drop her fry, but she waits til the lights are off and disappears behind the filter so I can't see her. I didn't know she was going to have them so soon, but when I couldn't see her in the tank, I started hunting in all the hidey spots and found her behind the filter. Because the lights were still on I could see everything :D it was amazing :D

Back
Top Bottom