I know this is weird, but i need help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish loach boy

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, im getting a 10 gallon terrarium turned into a crabihat, I want some hermit crabs!
I'm using sand as a substrate, maybe three or four inches deep,
How many hermit cabs can go in there, three?
What do they eat?
Can I have two shells for each crab?
Do they really need salt water, or can they only have fresh water
Anything else important I need to know?

So, im getting a 10 gallon terrarium turned into a crabihat, I want some hermit crabs!
I'm using sand as a substrate, maybe three or four inches deep,
How many hermit cabs can go in there, three?
What do they eat?
Can I have two shells for each crab?
Do they really need salt water, or can they only have fresh water
Anything else important I need to know?

3 should be fine. Sand deep enough they can bury themselves. I offer dechlorinated freshwater and I offer a bowl of Saltwater as well. Shallow water, don't let them drown. Coconut bedding is fab too.

They eat lots of stuff. Veggies as well as meaty foods.

Warmth, humidity and extra shells :)

http://www.hermit-crabs.com/care.html more links on bottom of page.

Food : http://www.hermit-crabs.com/food.html

Wow, ok thanks, hopefully I'll get the purple clawed Caribbean ones as they don't need saltwater

Hermits at very social from what I've read. They'll need moisture from a wet sponge to drink, mulch or cocoa substrate, sand to play in, and something to climb.

As they get bigger, you will want to provide them with a range of empty shells. They can be very peculiar about which shell they choose to move into.

I have some things left over from my crab days if you want them. I stopped keeping them when my kid lost interest.

Hermits at very social from what I've read. They'll need moisture from a wet sponge to drink, mulch or cocoa substrate, sand to play in, and something to climb.

As they get bigger, you will want to provide them with a range of empty shells. They can be very peculiar about which shell they choose to move into.

I have some things left over from my crab days if you want them. I stopped keeping them when my kid lost interest.

Like what things did you have for your crabs?

Also, don't ever use any painted shells!

Back
Top Bottom