I need help with my tank!!! HOW do you clean the tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Otters

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Well it has been cycling for 6 weeks now, and i am going to make its first major water change. However do I just take out the water and pour tap water back in, or do I move around the sand and scrub the LR?

Please I need a manual for this tank lol

Ok no tap water not even in your salt mix. You will be changing about 50 % of you water so have enough saltwater on hand. Take a flexible hose and siphon off the rocks and sand bed. You can take a small pump and let it blow around on your rocks to remove the junk that way. Don't use a hose that's large I'd say no bigger than 1/2 inch smaller if you can get it (try lowe's) Be sure and vacuum the sand really good and you're good. HTH

Scatcat

New salt water needs to be made in advance and mixed for 24 hours of so and brought up to the same temp as your tank. NEVER mix salt and fresh water in a tank..
Your new SW needs to be the same temp and SG as your tank before starting the water change. I mix my new sw in a brute garbage can, with a heater and power head..

Back
Top Bottom