I need some advice on Fertilizing my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2_Crazy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a moderatly planted 29ga tank. Currently plants include Ambulia, Anubias Nana, Java Fern and a "bunch Plant" not sure the name pics are here though, it's the plant on the right sode of the tank: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=11905

I have 6 tiger Barbs, 4 Rosy Barbs, 3 Cory Cats and 2 Clown Plecos, 2 Apple Snails as inhabitants.

I am injecting C02 by a DIY 2 bottle yeast sugar mix into a jungle labs chamber placed under the filter output which is working well as far as I can tell.

The only ferts I add is the SeaChem Flourish 2x a week (1 cap).

I have holes in the leaves and the growth is good, but I know it could be much better.

So, can someone please give me some ideas on what else to do and if you could please get into detail.

Thanks

need to know your lighting levels first.

need to know nitrate and phosphate levels too...and your dKh and pH levels so we can determine your CO2 level.

Nitrates are usually around 20ppm
PH (I am having trouble reading the test, It can be 7.2 - 7.8)
Phosphates (I don't have a test for it)
Hardness is 120

Lights are 55W PC.

is that 120ppm of General hardness, or alkalinity? assuming its alkalinity, that puts your CO2 levels just under 20ppm. not too bad, and you don't have a ton of light so 'perfect' CO2 levels aren't as important.

My guess is potassium deficiency. Flourish is really more like a weak comprehensive trace fert, and won't cover macro needs unless its a low light tank that hardly even needs fertilizing.

Back
Top Bottom