I need some help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lakerfan24

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 20 gallon tank and just bought a 40 gallon. I need some tips for cycling and the fastest fish less way to cycle. And my pet store said to drop fish flakes and it will help start the cycle. Does this help? And people say I can put hardy fish to help cycle.

You're all set! What do you have for filtration on the 20? What's going on the 40?

Might as well give me all the details you feel like sharing.. But yes brands

Sorry. The twenty is topfin and lasting me almost 2 years and for my 40 I have a tetra ex 45.

So take whatever you will be using in the 40 and stick it in the filter if the 20 for a week, or take what's in the 20 and out it in the new filter, see what I'm getting at? You have all the bb you need to 3/4 day cycle your new tank in the filter on the 20! What are you wanting to stock in the 40?

Angelfish loach pleco catfish rainbow shark rams. And how long should the cycle process take?

Angelfish loach pleco catfish rainbow shark rams. And how long should the cycle process take?
get the new filter running with the old media, add the pleco, test water daily but it should cycle quick with seeded media..

Oh and forgot about the danios and tetras. I don't really like tetras and danios and could I add those along with the pleco?

I have 20 gallon tank and just bought a 40 gallon. I need some tips for cycling and the fastest fish less way to cycle. And my pet store said to drop fish flakes and it will help start the cycle. Does this help? And people say I can put hardy fish to help cycle.

You shoulda mentioned this before in you're other thread you posted about cycling. Coulda saved a lot of time. FWIW, your fish store is gonna tell you anything they think you want to hear just to make a sale. So now that I've got it straight as to what you're doing, put the 40 where it's going. Dump all the water from the 20 into the 40 and put both filters on the 40. Fill the 40 with the other 20 gallons of water and it's an instant 50% WC. AFTER 2-3 weeks take the filter from the 20 out. Done.

You shoulda mentioned this before in you're other thread you posted about cycling. Coulda saved a lot of time. FWIW, your fish store is gonna tell you anything they think you want to hear just to make a sale. So now that I've got it straight as to what you're doing, put the 40 where it's going. Dump all the water from the 20 into the 40 and put both filters on the 40. Fill the 40 with the other 20 gallons of water and it's an instant 50% WC. AFTER 2-3 weeks take the filter from the 20 out. Done.
+1, had I known it was an upgrade...thought you were joining the mts cult here at aa

There are a lot of posts about this, which one is most current/relevant? I'm just getting confused

Can any body tell me why I have like black grass growing on my pebbles

You should make a new thread in the forum rather than post on an unrelated thread in order to get more interest/responses to your problem :)

Go back out to the list of topics people have posted and hit "New Thread" up at the top

Back
Top Bottom