i think my pistol shrimp made a hole vertically in my rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pairenoid

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a big piece of rock in the middle of my tank where he burrows, on top of it is a bed of sand, i kept wondering how it got there

today i tried moving the sand from the top and noticed that instead of flying off the rock, it caved in...that means he burrowed the rock straight up, why would he do this? he ruined my rock :mad:

i stopped blowing it because as more sand fell i figured it might cave in and mess up his burrow, is this normal? i cant believe how much he changed the rock...

just imagine if ur long piece of rock had a hole straight to the bottom of the tank from the top, im not very happy with this shrimp lol, all that sand on top of a rock looks HIDEOUS

I don't think they dig threw solid rock. I know that mine does shoot off pieces of my rock and then uses the rubble to shoal up his doorways. Crafty little buggar. :)

hm maybe instead of a hole he just cut the rock in the middle, because i cant explain why there is a hole in my rock that sand is falling into and im not going to poke at it more to find out lol, i dont want to collapse the burrow

i will get a pic but really how can sand get on top of the rock when hes completely under the rock, the rock is against the wall so he cant throw the sand there

Mine lifts sand on top of the rocks all the time. He gotta put it somewhere. Lol it's like a quarry in my tank and everyday it changes.

Back
Top Bottom