I want to get a shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well you could always take the plane for 4 hours.

What do you mean mean? to me or the fish?
I think Thominil is a little closer. It would only take about 20hours.

coral banded's can be a little nasty to other inverts. (like other shrimp) but at $100 a pop I don't guess you will have many more.

CBS's attack fish too. I got rid of my pair when they started to get to aggresive. a year or so ago...
img_1014205_0_d38e8afed24e9ccc6c4e5e170799d9db.jpg

The 2 clowns are getting along like a house on fire. I thought there would be a bit of a scuffle for something; but instantly they were happy. I thing that the older clown was just happy to have a friend. Its has been about 3 weeks now since he lost his mate (she was in QT for 2 weeks). As for the coral banded, it seems to be happy.

Can anyone tell me how to determine sex?

Not sure. I think the female is the larger of the two. As you can see in my picture my tank was very young and was still getting diatom aglae problems. The cbs had two batches of babies before they started attacking my fish and I gave them to a friend.

Yes but I had a mated pair (clowns), the female died last week. This why my large fish is still the male and the small fish is a juvenile. In time he will become the she and the juvi will be the he (man if that was us; how it would do our heads in). Interesting to know how it happens and how long it takes???????

Is it the same sexing for the cbs as for the clowns? and if I only have 1; how can I tell what sex I have?

If there are not caught as a pair I don't think our tanks are big enough. More then likely one would be killed.

I realixe I an plugging in late but I have 2 "Blood" Shrimp in a FOWLR + corals and while shy, they seem to be doing quite well.
I also have 2 Clowns added as juveniles and one (the larger) has clearly become the more aggressive while the smaller hides in te rocks much of the time. Both play in the Anemone.

Back
Top Bottom